A five-month-old baby and the mother have been killed by generator fume they inhaled overnight in their residence in the Owo town of Ondo state on friday night, March 10.
Vanguard reports that the family purchased the generator on Monday, March 6, and it caused their death on Friday night.
The deceased identified as Tawa, and her husband were staffers of the Federal Medical Centre, FMC, Owo.
Tawa was said to have called her elder sister on Thursday evening, to inform her that her baby was sick and that she would be bringing the baby to her.
It was gathered that when the sister got to Tawa's place of work at about 1pm, she was told that neither her Tawa nor the husband was at work. The deceased’s elder sister and the couple’s co-workers reportedly went to their house and met the door locked.
They had to break in and then found them lying unconscious, while the baby was dead. They were rushed to the FMC, where the wife later died, while the husband is said to be in critical condition.
The state police command is yet to comment on the sad development.
Post a Comment
Disclaimer!!! Opinions expressed in comments do not represent THE FOREFRONT MEDIA NG's views. All participants are entitled to their opinions. Thank you!!!
Advertise on the Forefront: For advert placement in the blog or advert posts like news updates, reach +2348124620827 [WhatsApp].
Copyright 2022 The Forefront Media Ng. All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from The Forefront Media Ng